DIRECTOR OF TRAINING - Heidi Philippart
Heidi Philippart M.A.(Edu), A.M.I.(Dip), lives and works in Amsterdam. She was first introduced to Montessori in the late 80’s early 90’s, while working under the guidance of Patty Wallner (AMI Assistant to Infancy trainer) and Silvana Montanaro (founder of the AMI Assistant to Infancy programme). Heidi trained in Denver with Judi Orion on the Assistant to Infancy level, has worked extensively with the 0-3 programme and is an AMI trainer on the Assistant to Infancy level. In 1996 she opened her first Montessori school and now runs two small Montessori Bilingual Preschools in the centre of Amsterdam, working with between 80 - 90 families every year. Her speciality is helping parents in the application of Montessori principles and bilingualism in the home environment. Heidi has spoken extensively around the Netherlands and internationally (France, USA, Australia, Britain) on Montessori related topics such as toilet independence, preparation of the home environment and the general area of birth to three. Heidi is presently working on the AMI Diploma - Assistant to Infancy in London.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
- Receive International Certificate by Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) recognized all over the world.
- Learn from a very experienced AMI Training Directress Heidi Philippart.
- Study International AMI Assistants Course from the comfort of your home.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- School leaders and administrators
- All adults interested in child development
GOAL OF THE COURSE
- Become able assistants in a Montessori Children's House.
- Learn how to support and help the classroom director/directress maintain equilibrium within the class, how to observe, when and how to intervene and not interfere.
- Gain knowledge of Montessori's understanding of freedom and discipline.
- Acquire the ability to support the development of the child by assisting the teacher.
- Course54 hours of live online sessions.
- Independent StudyApproximately 10 hours of independent study.
- Observation9 additional hours of obligatory observations.
- COVID-19 RestrictionsSpecific instructions on how to observe will be given during the Course, taking into account the restrictions which may be imposed by Covid 19.
- With interpretation of the spoken word to Czech and Hebrew.
- All course work, including written assignments, can be done in English, Czech, Slovak and Hebrew.
- Students need to have an adequate level of spoken and written English, Czech, Slovak or Hebrew to take the course.
- Selected reading from Understanding the Human Being, The Child in the Family, Education for a New World, 1946 Lectures and The Absorbent Mind will be done during the Course.
- Obligatory reading texts are available in English language. Some are available also in Czech. Some reading texts will be made available to students during the course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Three essaysSubmission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer.
- Observation9 hours of observation.
- Reports and NotesSubmission of observation notes and observation report.
- MaterialsSubmission of handmade materials.
- AttendanceMinimum of 90% attendance.
- Overall satisfactory participation in the courseAs evaluated by the Trainer.
- Adequate level of English, Czech, Slovak or Hebrew to allow efficient study in the course.
- Ability to study at a higher academic level.
- Positive motivation to study and willingness to positively and constructively cooperate with the Course Director and Co-Director and the training center staff.
- Filled out online application form and payment of the first part of the fee.
- Computer availability and good access to the Internet for the whole time of the course.
- A quiet place to study.
Every student who fulfills the enrollment criteria will be accepted to the course.
- There will be live lectures given by trainers on “Zoom” platform.
- Course work and course communication will be done on platform “Schoology”.
- The course requires general ability to use computers and the internet and willingness to learn to use Zoom and Schoology platforms.
- Students will receive technical support during the period of time when the course is given.
To view details please click below
To view details please click below
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask your questions and we will add them here
Will the sessions be recorded?
How will the course be held?
What happens if I have some sudden problems with the internet?
How do you arrange translation?
What does 90% of attendance mean? Can I catch up by watching recordings, if I'm not able to be present?
Where will we find our assingments and materials for the course?
When should I pay?
What is the time zone in the schedule for the course?
I have a small child/children, can he/she/they be with me while I'm studying?
What is the price of the course?
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If you wish to enroll in the course or have any other questions, please leave us your email and we will contact you right away.
In your note to us, please, state which course you are interested in. Thank you.