Would you like to learn more?
HERE IS THE COURSE INFO AND PRICING
COURSE DIRECTOR - Elina Rautasalo
Elina Rautasalo is an AMI 3-6 Trainer with over 30 years of experience in the field of education, working with both children and adults in her native Finland and abroad. Her Montessori journey began in London at the Maria Montessori Training Organisation, (now the Maria Montessori Institute), in the early 1990s. Elina has been a member of the MMI’s training team for over 20 years. Elina has served as the chair of Montessori Society AMI(UK) and as a council member of Montessori Education UK. She is an AMI examiner and lectures both in the UK and internationally. In addition to London, Elina has directed AMI’s 3-6 courses in South-East Asia as well as in Prague. At present, Elina is Director of Training at Montessori Institute Prague.
COURSE DIRECTOR - Nathalie Justine
Nathalie Justine is an AMI trainer at the Primary level (3-6). She holds an AMI Children’s House diploma and also the one for the Elementary level (6-12 y).
She has many years of experience with children in Montessori environments in different countries (France, USA, Canada, and in Ecuador where she worked with underprivileged children for 4 years).
She has trained students during 10 years at the Montessori Training Centre in Paris, France on different formats (academic and summer courses, assistant courses etc...).
The last past years, she has lectured on AMI courses around the world (in Europe, Asia, North Africa, Middle East, North & South America), and examined in several international Training centres.
She also does, fom time to time, consultation & supervision for schools.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- School leaders and administrators
- All adults interested in child development
GOAL OF THE COURSE
- Become able assistants in a Montessori Children's House.
- Learn how to support and help the classroom director/directress maintain equilibrium within the class, how to observe, when and how to intervene and not interfere.
- Gain knowledge of Montessori's understanding of freedom and discipline.
- Acquire the ability to support the development of the child by assisting the teacher.
- Course54 hours of live online sessions.
- Independent StudyApproximately 10 hours of independent study.
- Observation9 additional hours of obligatory observations.
- COVID-19 RestrictionsSpecific instructions on how to observe will be given during the Course, taking into account the restrictions which may be imposed by Covid 19.
- With interpretation of the spoken word to Czech and Hebrew.
- All course work, including written assignments, can be done in English, Czech, Slovak and Hebrew.
- Students need to have an adequate level of spoken and written English, Czech, Slovak or Hebrew to take the course.
- The Secret of Childhood, The Absorbent Mind, The Child in the Family, Education for a New World.
- Obligatory reading texts are available in English language. Some are available also in Czech. Some reading texts will be made available to students during the course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Three essaysSubmission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer.
- Observation9 hours of observation.
- Reports and NotesSubmission of observation notes and observation report.
- MaterialsSubmission of handmade materials.
- AttendanceMinimum of 90% attendance.
- Overall satisfactory participation in the courseAs evaluated by the Trainer.
- You have 12 weeks to submit all the assignments.If students do not finish their requirements for certification on time before the course finishes, they have 12 weeks to submit their missing work.
- Adequate level of English, Czech, Slovak or Hebrew to allow efficient study in the course.
- Ability to study at a higher academic level.
- Positive motivation to study and willingness to positively and constructively cooperate with the Course Director and Co-Director and the training center staff.
- Filled out online application form and payment of the first part of the fee.
- Computer availability and good access to the Internet for the whole time of the course.
- A quiet place to study.
Every student who fulfills the enrollment criteria will be accepted to the course, however: good command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite to take the course. If during the course a student faces difficulties due to insufficient level of English, they may be invited to come back to take the course later, once their English has improved.
- There will be live lectures given by trainers on “Zoom” platform.
- Course work and course communication will be done on platform “Schoology”.
- The course requires general ability to use computers and the internet and willingness to learn to use Zoom and Schoology platforms.
- Students will receive technical support during the period of time when the course is given.
DO YOU WISH TO APPLY?
I confirm that I have read and agreed to the stated above information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask your questions and we will add them here
Will the sessions be recorded?
How will the course be held?
What happens if I have some sudden problems with the internet?
How do you arrange interpretation to Czech and Hebrew?
What does 90% of attendance mean in this online format of the course?
Where will we find our assingments and materials for the course?
When should I pay?
Why do I need to submit an essay about my motivation to study after I am registered?
In what time zone is the course schedule?
I have children, can they be with me while I am studying?
Why is this course online?
What is the price of the course?
Do you have more questions?
If have any questions, please check our FAQ section or
leave us your email and we will contact you back within 5 working days.