COURSE DIRECTOR - Cordula Arana
Cordula Arana is AMI Elementary Trainer. She holds AMI diplomas for Assistant to Infancy, Children's House and the Elementary Level. In addition to teaching 4th to 6th grade at the MSL in Lucerne-Switzerland she gained a lot of experience during the last ten years in preparing adults for their work with children by being an assistant, lecturer and examiner at other AMI courses. Mrs. Arana held some Assistant Courses for MCH in Lucerne- Switzerland.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- School leaders and administrators
- All adults interested in child development
GOAL OF THE COURSE
- Become able assistants in a Montessori Elementary classroom.
- Learn about the depth of Montessori philosophy with regard to child development.
- Learn how to interact with children in the elementary classroom and with a Montessori trained teacher.
- Learn about the importance of observation and learn to observe.
- Acquire ability to support the development of the elementary child.
- Course60 hours of live online sessions and additional independent study.
- Independent studyApproximately 10 hours of independent study.
- Observation9 additional hours of obligatory observations.
- COVID-19 RestrictionsSpecific instructions on how to observe will be given during the course, taking into account the restrictions which may be imposed by Covid 19.
- With interpretation of the spoken word to Czech and Hebrew.
- All course work, including written assignments, can be done in English, Czech, Slovak and Hebrew.
- Students need to have an adequate level of spoken and written English, Czech, Slovak or Hebrew to take the course.
- To Educate the Human Potential, The Formation of Man, Education and Peace. Other readings may be included.
- Obligatory reading texts are available in English language. Some are available also in Czech. Some reading texts will be made available to students during the course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Three essaysSubmission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer.
- Observation9 hours of observation.
- Reports and NotesSubmission of observation notes and observation report.
- MaterialsSubmission of handmade materials.
- AttendanceMinimum of 90% attendance.
- Overall satisfactory participation in the courseAs evaluated by the Trainer.
- Adequate level of English, Czech, Slovak or Hebrew to allow efficient study in the course.
- Ability to study at a higher academic level.
- Positive motivation to study and willingness to positively and constructively cooperate with the Course Director and the training center staff.
- Filled out online application form and payment of the first part of the fee.
- Computer availability and good access to the Internet for the whole time of the course.
- A quiet place to study.
Every student who fulfills the enrollment criteria will be accepted to the course, however: good command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite to take the course. If during the course a student faces difficulties due to insufficient level of English, they may be invited to come back to take the course later, once their English has improved.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- 1Yes, if you have upper intermediate knowledge of written and spoken English.Does not apply to students who will use course interpretation to Czech and other languages.
- 2Yes, if you have the ability to study on an undergraduate level.The course content is very intensive.
- 3Yes, if you have a strong and positive motivation to work in the course.These are keys to success!
- There will be live lectures given by trainers on “Zoom” platform.
- Course work and course communication will be done on platform “Schoology”.
- The course requires general ability to use computers and the internet and willingness to learn to use Zoom and Schoology platforms.
- Students will receive technical support during the period of time when the course is given.
To view details please click below
To view details please click below
DO YOU WISH TO APPLY?
I confirm that I have read and agreed to the stated above information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask your questions and we will add them here
Will the sessions be recorded?
How will the course be held?
What happens if I have some sudden problems with the internet?
How do you arrange interpretation to Czech and Hebrew?
What does 90% of attendance mean in this online format of the course?
Where will we find our assingments and materials for the course?
When should I pay?
Why do I need to submit an essay about my motivation to study after I am registered?
In what time zone is the course schedule?
I have children, can they be with me while I am studying?
Why is this course online?
What is the price of the course?
NEED MORE INFO?
If you have more questions after you have read the information and FAQ above, please use this form to contact us
Our colleagues will address your question as soon as possible, during the working days,
Monday to Thursday, 09:00 AM -05:00 PM