IN THE CLASSROOM
For Assistants & Guides in Primary and Elementary
with Amy Williams
As additional support to assistants...
WHAT DID WE FOCUS ON?
- Positive, bothersome & neutral behaviorsSome behaviors please us and bring us joy. Others irritate or anger us. And there are also the in-between behaviors. Let's talk about why it is important to pay attention to all these behaviors.
- Power of connectionChildren have their own experiences, their own values and their own dignity. We will find out how and why it is important to be able to be truly interested in the inner reality of the child.
- Prepared environmentWe will learn how we can adjust the environment to teach lagging skills and meet unmet needs.
- The 4 types of misbehaviourWe will discover four different types of bothersome behaviours, learn how to recognise them and recommend specific effective approaches for each of them. Examples galore!
- Practical and effective toolsYou know those times when your classroom feels like a hurricane is spinning right there in front of you? Children are melting down, you're crying & everything is falling apart. Join us to learn practical and effective tools that you can put into action immediately that will create a more peaceful and loving community.
- QAYou will have the opportunity to ask anything you want to know about difficult behaviour in the classroom.
- Interpretation: Czech, Romanian, Spanish
- Online on Zoom
- Certificate of attendance issued by Montessori Institute Prague
- In English, Spanish, Czech
- Available until September 30, 2022
”All bad behavior is really a request for love, attention, or validation.”
Kimberly Giles, Choosing Clarity: The Path to Fearlessness
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
- Tireless Montessori assistants and teachers especially in Primary and Elementary (3-6 & 6-12)
- Open-minded loving parents.
- Montessori advocates and enthusiasts.
"When a child walks in the room, your child or anybody else's child, do your eyes light up? That's what they're looking for."
Amy Williams, MA, DTR, RMT, is a Founder and Executive Director of Amy Williams Academy, offering professional development, team training and individual coaching. Amy is a trainer and a professional coach with 25 plus years of experience in education and development. With long-term relationships with Montessori schools, businesses, and non-profit teams, Amy brings a variety of knowledge to the table.
Have you missed the workshop but would like to watch recordings?
NEED MORE INFO?
If you have more questions, please use this form to contact us.