If Covid-19 does not allow some participants to travel, we will stream the onsite lectures online to students who can not come.
If the Course Director can not travel of CR is locked down for all travel, the course will be held ONLINE at the original course hour.
COURSE DIRECTOR - Jenny Marie Höglund
Jenny Marie Höglund is an AMI trainer for 6-12. She is AMI 3- 6 and 6-12 trained. In 1995 Jenny she founded a Montessori school in Swedish Sätile Montessoriskolan Lära för livet, for children 1 - 16 years old.
Jenny has been a Montessori guide for more than 24 years. Her school and farm is the only location in Europe where you can train in the AMI Montessori Orientation to Adolescent Studies.
GOAL OF THE COURSE
- Become able assistants in a Montessori Adolescent Community.
- Learn the developmental needs of adolescent students and how to best support them.
- Gain an in depth knowledge of Montessori philosophy for the 3rd plane of development.
- Acquire the ability to support the development of the adolescent by working side by side with the adolescents and the whole team of the program.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- School leaders and administrators
- All adults interested in child development
- Course56 hours of live online sessions.
- Independent StudyApproximately 10 hours of independent study.
- Observation9 additional hours of obligatory observations.
- COVID-19 RestrictionsSpecific instructions on how to observe will be given during the Course, taking into account the restrictions which may be imposed by Covid 19.
- English, with interpretation of the spoken word to Czech.
- Written coursework, the written assignments, can be done in English, Czech and Slovak.
- Students need to have an adequate level of spoken and written English, Czech, Slovak to take the course.
- If there is interest, the possibility of interpretation into other languages can be consulted with the Course Director.
- Coming soon.
- Obligatory reading texts are available in English language. Some are available also in Czech. Some reading texts will be made available to students during the course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Three essaysSubmission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer.
- Observation9 hours of observation.
- Reports and NotesSubmission of observation notes and observation report.
- MaterialsSubmission of handmade materials.
- AttendanceMinimum of 90% attendance.
- Overall satisfactory participation in the courseAs evaluated by the Course Director.
- Adequate level of English, Czech, Slovak to allow efficient study in the course.
- Ability to study at a higher academic level.
- Positive motivation to study and willingness to positively and constructively cooperate with the Course Director and Co-Director and the training center staff.
- Filled out online application form and payment of the first part of the fee.
Every student who fulfills the enrollment criteria will be accepted to the course, however: good command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite to take the course. If during the course a student faces difficulties due to insufficient level of English, they may be invited to come back to take the course later, once their English has improved.
- The course is planned as Onsite.
- If Covid 19 does not allow some participants to travel, we will stream the onsite lectures online to students who signed up but can not come.
- If the trainer can not travel or CR is locked down, the course will be held ONLINE at the original onsite course hours.
- In case of online streaming, we will be using the Zoom platform.
To view details please click below
To view details please click below
DO YOU WISH TO APPLY?
I confirm that I have read and agreed to the stated above information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask your questions and we will add them here
How will the course be held?
WHat are the dates and hours of the course?
How do you arrange interpretation to Czech and Hebrew?
What does 90% of attendance mean in this online format of the course?
Where will we find our assingments and materials for the course?
When should I pay?
Why do I need to submit an essay about my motivation to study after I am registered?
In what time zone is the course schedule?
I have children, can they be with me while I am studying?
What is the price of the course?
Do you have more questions?
We're happy to help! Just send us the message, and our colleagues will get back to you Monday to Thursday, 09.00 - 17.00 CET (Prague Time).