AMI international 6-12 Montessori Diploma Course - The study of Montessori pedagogy and child development as well as an interdisciplinary approach to the study of human beings, their endeavours and relationship with the universe for children from six to twelve years.
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING - Carla Foster
Carla Foster has been the AMI Director of Diploma Course at Montessori Training Center of New England (MTCNE) for the past few years and also works at the University College, Høgskolen i Vestfold og Buskerud, in Norway.
Carla holds a bachelor's degree in Social Anthropology and Scandinavian Studies and a combined Master's degree in Old Icelandic Literature and Norwegian Literature from UC Berkeley. She has AMI 3-6 and 6-12 diplomas from MMI in London and the Montessori Institute of Milwaukee. She has worked with children at levels 3-6, 6-9, and 9-12, working in both private and public Montessori schools. She has been an elementary trainer since 2011 and had the privilege of doing some of that training under Jean Miller at the Navadisha Montessori Institute in Chennai, India, and the rest under Ann Dunne in London, England.
Carla is originally from California but has lived in Norway since 1995, where she had a 6-9 class for 12 years and consults for schools in Norway. She has also taught ballet, modern dance, African dance, and Irish dance for many years and has given workshops on writing and bringing drama, music, and dance into the elementary classroom.
Carla currently trains the 2nd 6-12 Diploma Course in Prague.
CO-TRAINER - Kyla Morenz
Kyla Morenz is an AMI Elementary Trainer from Toronto, Canada. She has a B.A. from the University of Waterloo and her M.Ed. from Loyola University in Maryland. In 2011, she obtained her TESOL certificate from the University of Toronto, Woodsworth College. She has AMI diplomas at both the 3-6 and 6-12 levels. She has taught in 6-9, 9-12, and 6-12 environments in Canada and Morocco. She has lectured on courses in North America and Europe.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO TAKE THE COURSE?
More than 200 hours
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Consider if you are a person of the following characteristics:
- You have ability to pursue academic work
- You own a previous university or college degree
- You have a good level of spoken and written English
- You have a strong and transparent motivation to become a Montessori teacher
- You have good communication skills
- You are a person of moral integrity
- You are persistent
- You have a structured and orderly personality
- You have moderate self confidence and ability to self-reflect.
Applicants without a degree can also apply and their applications will be considered individually. Students without a degree can be accepted to the course based on probation terms. Also, when translation of the course is available, we accept students without knowledge of English.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- 90% attendance in all course activities
- 140 hours of supervised practice with Montessori materials
- 90 hours of observation
- 120 hours of teaching practice
- submission of observation and practice teaching reports
- timely submission of written assignments in acceptable quality
- purchase of AMI approved teaching materials - charts and timeliness
- completion of 9 reference albums in acceptable quality
- passing of written and oral exams
Contact us via email email@example.com to get your individual price offer and information about the course.
Insert your e-mail and register.
Fill out, sign and email us your application package and the rest of the documents required for application.
Schedule your application interview with us. We will suggest the dates and time slots. We will talk about the course, answer your questions, get to know you, make sure you understand all details related to the course.
After your application interview we will let you know if you met all the criteria to be enrolled in the course.
In case you or anyone from your school took part in Lead Montessori Conferences, you are entitled to a 15% discount on the course price.
Our returning clients are also welcome to use a 15% discount, same goes for groups of teachers from the same school (3 people and more). Discounts aren't added up.
Once all is completed, we will review your application to enroll in the course and let you know result. We are sure you can succeed!
EACH APPLICANT NEEDS TO:
- present satisfactory evidence of their ability to pursue academic work at the graduate level. Prior Montessori pedagogical education and experience is not required for course enrollment. The educational standard for the course is Bachelor's Degree in any field. Exceptions are made on individual basis.
- We also evaluate your communication skills throughout the application process, the timeliness of submitting your application package, and so on.
Documents requiring your signature must be signed, scanned and emailed in a pdf format.
The whole application process gives us the opportunity to get to know each student and accept those who will be able to complete the course successfully.
YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE
Please prepare your application package and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact at this email address to clarify any questions that you might have regarding the Diploma Course.
Download it, add your portrait photo, fill it out, print it, sign it, scan and email it back to us.
Download it, print it, choose how you wish to pay, circle your preferred option, sign it, scan and email it back to us.
Write a short resume telling us about your education, experience and hobbies and email it to us.
Write one page motivation essay answering the question "Why do you want to take the Course?" and email it to us.
Criminal record check
Apply for your criminal check and email it to us when you have it. Original is submitted 1st day of the course.
Two professional reference letters
Email us two reference letters from your current or previous employer or someone who knows you well.
Proof of the highest acquired education
Email us a scanned copy of the official document proving your highest acquired education.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If you wish to enroll in the course or have any other questions, please contact us!
In your note to us, please, state which course you are interested in. Thank you.