Download material made by Irena to enhance your workshop experience!
How to join today's workshop?
March 30, 2023
6:00 - 9:00 PM CET (GMT+1)
STANDARD TICKET offer valid until March 19, 2023:
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
WHAT WAS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
The aim of this workshop is to introduce experiences that each toddler and child needs to have to enter adult life well equipped for interactions with other human beings and themselves. We picked three of them: managing strong emotions (specifically anger), managing stressful situations (specifically lack of time and the need to do a list of routine things during a morning when we leave home for kindergarten or school), and communication skills (the ability to express oneself gracefully and to listen with the open heart to others and themselves).
We will examine the topic of anger. When it comes and what it communicates. We shall look into the needs of a toddler/child during a busy morning. And finally, we will cover the key communication skill: listening.
We all need to communicate, deal with emotions and manage stressful situations. What we encounter in the first 6 years becomes our standard of behaviour (that is difficult, yet possible, to change in later years). Therefore, in this lecture we focus on these three topics, that we will discuss one by one in more detail later in the year, to encourage parents to provide their children with the skills and experiences necessary for a healthy balanced life.
The workshop is based on Montessori pedagogy, personality types and the neurological development of childrens' ability to handle strong emotions.
- Interpretation: Czech
- Live on Zoom
- Certificate of attendance issued by Montessori Institute Prague
- In English, Czech
- Available until June 30, 2023
“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”
WHAT WILL WE FOCUS ON?
WHAT DID WE FOCUS ON?
- The four planes of developmentThis development plan drafted by Maria Montessori will serve us to understand the timeline of developing language and communication skills and of the ability to deal with emotions in a loving way.
- Sensitive periods and human tendenciesWe will introduce the different sensitive periods through which the child passes. We will talk about what human tendencies we know. Based on this knowledge, we will explore ways and means of supporting children in the areas of communication, emotions and stress management.
- Personality typesWe will be looking at the theory of personality types. Every parent and every child have a personality type. These types may or may not complement each other. In addition, the child and the parent are at different life stages. Children under the age of 6 need extra care in order to develop their talents. They need to be accepted (and given boundaries) in accordance with their personality type. We will explore four main groups of 16 personality types from an early childhood perspective.
- Photos, practical examples and Q&APhotographs and practical examples will be given during each session. At the end of each section you will have a space to ask questions about the topic.
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE AWAY?
- You will understand when your child is ready for communication, what the stages are and how to support each stage.
- You will learn about the timeline of emotional development and what support the child needs in order to become an emotionally stable human being.
- You will understand why the mornings are the hardest part of the day.
- You will understand where you draw your experience and skills from.
- It is possible that you will know where you want to go next, so that you can be happy with yourself as a parent and become a firm and loving support for your children.
RECORDINGS OF THE WORKSHOP
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
WHO WAS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
- Parents who struggle to understand what is “normal” behaviour with regards to communication, emotions and stress management.
- Parents who find it difficult to set the boundaries and limits, or set a routine for their home.
- Parents who sometimes feel that they tend to do too much for their children.
- Parents who would like to see their child behave differently.
- Parents who tend to insist, push and create tension in the family while being under pressure/stress, and would like to change this.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING AFTER A WORKSHOP
WITH IRENA KUBANTOVÁ?
"I really appreciate your emotional approach, which makes the Montessori method a living matter."
"Your seminars give me considerably more than the books I have read about borders and I enjoy them immensely."
"I feel like I've taken another step forward as a mother. Fingers crossed that you have the same epiphany with other parents that I did."
"Your talk always helps me so much to see our problems in a different light. I think every mom should hear it..."
"A practical demonstration of how to show a child how to "do" something was very helpful. Just everything slowly, so that he could learn."
"Thanks for a great live seminar! I could use that kind of boost and support and "kick" every three months."
Irena Kubantova has been working with parents for over 12 years. She runs online and live courses, visits families, organises parent camps and welcomes families in her own home for a Motessori toddler-parent programme. When working with families, she has been using Montessori pedagogy and her own rich experience to create homes where love, laughter and work are the key tools for growth and development of the children. Also, she has been using the personality types of both parents and children to identify and fulfil the needs of each family member and to find harmony in every household.
She has completed AMI courses for assistants of all ages 0-3, 3-6, 6-12, and 12-18, as well as many other courses in child and adult education and development. She lives in the Czech Republic, is married and has three children who attend Montessori schools.
Have you already got your ticket for the workshop?
Are you interested in the recordings from the workshop?
NEED MORE INFO?
If you have more questions, please use this form to contact us.
As additional support to assistants...
You just discovered us now? Never mind. We offer recordings from past events.