Download material made by Amy to enhance your workshop experience!
How to join today's workshop?
October 29, 2022
6:00 - 9:00 PM CEST (GMT+2)
Last Call price available until October 29, 2022:
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
WHAT WAS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
The aim of this workshop is to help teachers develop sensitivity to the experiences and needs of each student in the classroom.
What do children experience and need in the classroom? What influences their ability to focus? What role does the environment play? What does it look like when you look at the world through their eyes?
In this workshop, you will have guided opportunities to imagine the sensations and obstacles that children face on daily basis so that your practice deepens. You will learn what it is like as they work to develop concentration, learn and grow in an environment that may be difficult for them. You will discover ways to adapt your current classroom to support the growth and positive experience for every child. By every child, we mean not only children with special needs, but also children with the higher sensitivity that accompanies the gifted. During the QA session, you will also have the opportunity to ask Amy your own questions.
- Interpretation: Czech
- Online on Zoom
- Certificate of attendance issued by Montessori Institute Prague
- In English, Czech
- Available until January 31, 2023
“If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn”
As additional support to assistants...
WHAT WILL WE FOCUS ON?
WHAT DID WE FOCUS ON?
- Perception and sensitivityDuring the workshop we will develop sensitivity to the experience of every student in your class. You will learn how children may experience things and what their inner perspective may be.
- Focus developmentWe will explore the sensations and obstacles children face when working on developing concentration. We will talk about ways you can protect children's emerging ability to focus and learn how to use them.
- Sensory overloadWe will consider what in the environment affects children's sensory perception. We will consider all the senses and explore how sensory overload may be experienced and what it means for us and for children.
- Specific adaptationsWe will look at how to offer adaptations so that every child is successful. Depending on the individual child, different adjustments are necessary. Keeping an open mind about what will ease the way for your students is important.
- Sensory ProfileWe will discover that even the teacher has some senses that are more sensitive than others and discuss how this can impact the classroom environment.
- QAThere will be time to ask questions related to special needs in the classroom.
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
WHO WAS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
- Tireless Montessori assistants and teachersEspecially those who worked with children in Primary & Elementary.
- Open-minded loving parentsAnd other relatives.
- Montessori advocates and enthusiasts
"Thank you for what you do. There was a palpable feel of respect for every little human being in your speech and that is very inspiring to me every time."
"Amy Williams was so informative. I can really sense her eagerness to share all the knowledge she knows and I like the attitude on how pleasant she was on answering questions."
"I love the way you talk so naturally and very clearly know what you are talking about. It is very easy and enjoyable to listen to you!"
"I love the way you spoke with simplicity and humility. It was enjoyable. Thank you and blessings."
Amy Williams, MA, DTR, RMT, is a Founder and Executive Director of Amy Williams Academy, offering professional development, team training and individual coaching. Amy is a trainer and a professional coach with 25 plus years of experience in education and development. With long-term relationships with Montessori schools, businesses, and non-profit teams, Amy brings a variety of knowledge to the table.
Have you already got your ticket for the workshop?
Are you interested in the recordings from the workshop?
NEED MORE INFO?
If you have more questions, please use this form to contact us.
You just discovered us now? Never mind. We offer recordings from past events.