Download material made by Letty to enhance your workshop experience!
How to join today's workshop?
for Primary and Elementary Teachers
Opening the Door:
Strategies for Successful Teaching
with Letty Rising
and Lisa Thauvette
The workshop is starting in:
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
WHAT WAS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
The workshop was broadcasted live from Prague, Czech Republic on November 26, 2022.
The aim of this workshop is to introduce you to successful teaching strategies to be used on a daily basis.
How do we know what the child's needs are and what additional challenges to prepare for them in the classroom? How to be truly objective? What competencies will we need to guide the child to in order for them to take responsibility for their own learning? What prompts children to discussion?
Letty Rising, well known education consultant, will map out for you important building blocks for effective teaching. You will learn about the different approaches we can use, how they are beneficial, and how a classroom where the use of these strategies becomes common will change. You'll take away six practical activities that you can try right away in your classroom.
An important part of the workshop will be composed of tailor-made experiential community activities. They will be led by Lisa Thauvette, experienced educator employing improvisation techniques in her practice allowing to grasp the topics discussed from an unexpected perspective.
You will also have the opportunity to ask your own questions during the Q&A session at the end of the workshop.
- Interpretation: Czech, Spanish, Romanian
- Live on Zoom
- Certificate of attendance issued by Montessori Institute Prague
- In English, Czech, Spanish, Romanian
- Available until February 28, 2023
“Teaching is not about answering questions but about raising questions – opening doors for students in places that they could not imagine.”
WHAT WILL WE FOCUS ON?
WHAT DID WE FOCUS ON?
- Student work analysis and observationWe will look into how to continuously determine what children are interested in, what they enjoy, what they have mastered, what they struggle with and what they avoid. This knowledge enables teachers to create high-quality individual lesson plans based on what each student needs.
- Feedback and self evaluationWe will review the concept of feedback and self-assessment. When teachers use reflective techniques and tools in the classroom correctly, students naturally begin to see the process of reflection as a part of the learning process. We will also discuss how the use of self-evaluation leads children to greater confidence and independence.
- Small group lessons and strategic questioningWe will explore how to verify the extent to which each student understands the material that has been presented. We will talk about the role of different types of questions we ask, our non-verbal communication or silence as a response in teaching. These insights will help teachers better tailor instruction across the classroom and guide children forward.
- 6 classroom activities as a practical take-awayYou will leave the workshop with 6 practical activities selected for you by Letty Rising, all immediately applicable in the classroom enriching your teaching routine.
- 3 community activities with Lisa ThauvetteThrough original, imaginative and playful activities led by Lisa Thauvette you will have the opportunity to experience all the things discussed in the workshop. "Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand."
- Q&AYou will have plenty of space to ask questions that may come to mind during the workshop on the topic of strategies for successful teaching.
RECORDINGS OF THE WORKSHOP
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
WHO WAS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
- Primary and elementary school teachers, Montessori assistants and guideslooking for tools to enhance the learning process of their students
- School owners and principalswho strive for more effective teaching strategies in their schools
- Educators, coaches, lecturers, tutorsand anyone who work with children and adult education
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING AFTER A WORKSHOP WITH LETTY RISING?
"Very good workshop, I will use the knowledge in practice, thank you."
"I took away specific recommendations. Thanks!"
"Thank you very much for the useful workshop, it helped me to clarify what is and what is not effective feedback and what impact it has on a student's learning."
"Excellent, it enriched my experience!"
"Hello, I am glad that I chose your workshop. Not only are you a nice person, but I appreciate very much that you talked mostly from your practice. Thank you!"
"Inspirational, thank you!"
Letty Rising earned her B.A. in Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara, obtained her State Teaching Credential through the California State University, San Marcos, and participated in AMS Montessori training for ages 6 - 9, before earning her AMI elementary diploma for ages 6 - 12 and M.Ed from Loyola University in Maryland.
Ms. Rising moved into her first administrative role because she wanted a Montessori school for her daughters and there were none in existence where she lived, so she started one! She has held positions as a Homeschool Education Specialist, Montessori Elementary Teacher, School Director, Principal, Montessori Coordinator, and Consultant with several different Montessori communities over the years, throughout the United States and worldwide.
Lisa Thauvette loves to combine her passion of child development with her years of experience as a comedic improviser. Lisa served as the Head of School at International Montessori in Brussels, Belgium for 11 years, and holds an AMI 6 - 12 diploma and a Masters of Education in Montessori from Loyola College.
She is the founder of Tilt Think, tilting scenarios and perspectives toward peace through playful and interactive professional development sessions for Montessori teachers and leaders.
Have you already got your ticket for the workshop?
Are you interested in the recordings from the workshop?
NEED MORE INFO?
If you have more questions, please use this form to contact us.
As additional support to assistants...
You just discovered us now? Never mind. We offer recordings from past events.